Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Selfish or Selfless?

August 01, 2012  **Wednesday. Starbucks. 7:17p**

Romans 15:13

I pray that God, the soure of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Paul is addressing the context of the people who only want to please themselves. Verse 2 says, "we should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord", he is encouraging them to not only be selfish, but selfless.

I love how Paul is so encouraging and prays for others.  God is the source of hope and sometimes I forget this.  I tend to look inward (at myself) and try to find some kind of hope there.  There is only one hope, the hope that is in God.  Having His hope and looking towards Him, causes an overflow in ourselves that we become selfless.

Lord, there are so many times I become selfish and only trust in things that I can do. Things I can accomplish.  Things I find hope in myself.  Help me, show me, guide me daily to your hope.  The hope in you.

To be selfish or selfless, that is the question.  I want to be overflowing with the Holy Spirit, which is hope.

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">



No comments:

Post a Comment