Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Complain, Complain, Complain

August 22, 2012  **Wednesday. Starbucks. 10:00am**

Job 6:5-6

Don't I have a right to complain?  don't wild donkeys bray when they find no grass, and oxen bellow when they have no food? Don't people complain about unsalted food?  Does anyone want the tasteless white of an egg?

Wild donkeys and oxen do not cry out or make a fuss if they have enough to eat.  They will, though, if they are in areas where the food supply is sparse.  Job had a lot to complain about.  His children were killed, fields and animals were destroyed, and he had boils all over his body.  These are complaints that are worthy of complaining about.

I was reminded of a scene in a movie, Ever After with Drew Barrymore where her step sister throws a tantrum when she finds out Drew's character is the one the Prince is in love with.  There are so many times where I am in her shoes.  Where I just need a few minutes to complain, throw a mini temper tantrum, be selfish, or cry.  I've complained about so many things that may have not gone my way, where I have not received something I truly wanted or desired; simply complained.  We have a right to complain--it's where our heart is, our heart's condition after the fact that matters.  I hope that after "wearing and spoiling my baby girl chonies" I can get over it and move on with my adult life wearing clean big girl panties.

Lord, help me to remember to keep my big girl chonies on; that you are ultimately in control.  If things do not go my way, remind me that my plans/ways/wants are not really what you have for me.  Teach me to have patience, understanding, and love during my spoiled little girl times.  I only want what you want, and not to complain for things that I want.

Complain, complain, complain and throw your tantrum all you want, but it really isn't gonna get you anywhere, you'll just have dried tears and snot all over your face, rumpled clothes and a swift kick in the butt from Daddy.

< 3 >

No comments:

Post a Comment