Monday, August 6, 2012

Splendor Reveal Yourself

August 06, 2012  **Monday. Starbucks-Pearl City. 9:35am**

1 Corinthians 2:10 

But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit.  For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets.  

The dictionary defines Splendor as, (1) "brilliant or gorgeous appearance, coloring"; (2) "an instance or display of imposing pomp or grandeur"; (3) "grandeur; glory; brilliant distinction"; (3) great brightness; brilliant light or luster".  The bible often speaks of God's glory and how bright it is. The sun is the closest thing that is bright that I can see, other than man-made lighting. This brightness is hard to imagine when we only have the sun to compare in light.  If God created the sun, but he is brighter than that; I would go blind!  Acts 9:3-4 illustrates how bright the light is; "...a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him.  He fell to the ground...."  During Paul's conversion, God shone a light so bright that he was blind for 3 days! Oh geez...crazy bright light.  

This video is a Spoken Word that was recorded at 3rd Cup Cafe & Venue in the Royal Kunia area of Waipahu.  As soon as I have the words, I'll post them up.  @ :43 Arnel Data says, "Who am I?...Splendor Reveal Yourself..." I love those chosen words. Awesomeness. <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">


Lord, reveal your splendor but in a way that I see clarity and courage to truly see you.  Your beauty is so great, so grand, so unfailing, so extravagant, my human self can not truly begin to fathom the wonders of it.  It changes every moment, second, every time...but you still stay the same.  I love you.  Those words is all that my frail human language can ever speak. I love that your love is never failing.  I love that you love me.  I love that you love those who I love.  I love that those who love you also knows and loves me.  Because of that everlasting love, I love you.

Splendor reveal yourself, but please don't let me go blind!

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">







No comments:

Post a Comment