Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Weight of the Ark of the Covanent

August 04, 2012  **Saturday. Starbucks. 10:27am**

2 Chronicles 35:2-4

Josiah also assigned the priests to their duties and encouraged them in their work at the Temple of the Lord.  He issued this order to the Levites, who were to teach all Israel and who had been set apart to serve the Lord: "Put the holy Ark in the Temple that was built by Solomon son of David, the king of Israel.  You no longer need to carry it back and forth on your shoulders.  Now spend your time serving the Lord your God and his people Israel.  Report for duty acccording to the family divisions of your ancestors, following the directions of King David of Israel and the directions of his son Solomon."

The Holy Ark of the Covanent was something that was super cool.  This container held the very stones that held God's handwritings of the Ten Commandments.  Pardon my french, but this box was pretty bad ass.  Yeah, those words are not very "Christian like" but you have to admit that the Ark of the Lord is something to really be amazed at.  It is said that it also held Aarons' rod, a jar of manna, Moses's first Torah, as well as the Holy stones.  Just the jar of manna trips me out since Genesis says that manna will not be good past the first day--it would be gross and moldy.  But there is something else that I observed with this scripture.  See, Josiah said to "put the holy Ark in the Temple...You no longer need to carry it back and forth on your shoulders.  Now spend your time serving the Lord our God and his people of Israel."  What I see is that since the people during these bible days were literally putting God's good news on their shoulders and carrying this burden back and forth whereever they would go.  Can you imagine how heavy that would be?  That's hard work! Okay, Wikipedia says, "It is to be 2½ cubits in length, 1½ in breadth, and 1½ in height (as 212×112×112 royal cubits or 1.31×0.79×0.79 m, or 4.29 × 2.59 × 2.59 feet"  and on top of that, it is to covered in gold.  Dude, gold is heavy and I've seen pictures of this thing!  OMG!! 

How do I apply this scripture to my life?  Easy.  Put God's law, His word, His ways in my heart {the Temple of God--my heart, my mind, my life} put God where He belongs so I can love and serve not only God but His people.  Psalms 119:11 says, I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." (NLT)  I don't want to work extra or too hard if I don't have to.  I'm a pretty lazy, selfish, conceited, and prideful human being.  A professor at my school has this saying, "I want to make Jesus famous".  Many has applied this to their way of their Christian life.  This has kinda rubbed me the wrong way.  (1) Some famous people can sometimes make a bad name of themselves.  (2) Some Christians have given Christianity a bad name.  (3) Jesus doesn't need us.  We get to be apart of His work.  And lastly because of the fact that I'm all those things listed above, (4) I wanna make Jesus so famous that the Heavenly Angels becomes my fans...now that's being so self-centered.  ;p hahaha!!! but i still love God and He still loves me. 

Lord, I know I'm a very lazy, selfish, self-centered, conceited, and prideful.  I want to only make you famous so I can be famous among your heavenly angels.  I want your angels to know me, to help me, to fight with me.  You said that "we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against might powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."  You are God and the winner of this battle.  Although the fight is not over, knowing you are the victor, I can be confident that as you teach me, train me, and work alongside of me, I can learn, have endurance, and preservere to become a strong mighty warrior.  Help me to put your Ark of the Covenant into my heart, so I don't get weary in the everyday-ness of life.  I want your yoke around me, as you are the strong one beside me.  I love you so much, I become so lost and dependant on you.  Your love is extravant.  Your friendship is intimate.  

It is not necessary to carry the weight of the Ark of the Covanent on my shoulders anymore.  Life is so much more lighter. 

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment