Saturday, August 25, 2012

Secret Revealed

August 24, 2012  **Friday. Starbucks. 6:56am**

1 Corinthians 15:51

But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret.  We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

In this passage, Paul speaks to the Corinthian church about the first Adam and the last Adam, which is Christ; about death and baptism. In verse 46 says, "what comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later."  He goes on to say in verse 50, "What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.  These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever."  Throughout history people will always be concerned with death.  This passage assures the followers of Christ that we all die but there is a promise in living for the Holy God.

To me, death is just a necessary evil we all face.  We all will die one day.  I've heard it said that there are only two guarantees in life: death and taxes.  Sure, we can avoid taxes--until it finds us, but death is one thing we cannot avoid.  No matter how hard we hide.  Knowing this truth that Paul reveals is so wonderful that it enables me to keep doing what I'm doing for Christ.  I am a bond-servant and knowing that i will one day be transformed into a heavenly creature, one only God can create, is beyond imaginable!

Lord, You alone are amazing.  You are the very thing I cling to daily.  Every morning I listen to Rebecca St. James's song, "Breath", and I can not help but to use that song as my everyday theme.  You are the one I am so desperate for.  You are the air that I breath.  You are the only one I strive to live for.  Today, as I start my first day of my 2nd year, the year we "Develop" I pray that you will not only go before me, but walk along side of me.  Remind me that you direct my steps, my path, my ways.  Let them be your ways.  Remind me not to hang out with those creepers at the Pity Party, or the complainers of the Complaint Corner.  Show me those who love you, who serve you, who have the overwhelming joy to just be with you.  I love you so much.  Remind me of this day, the day that I start my development process in my journey with you at NHCC.  Thank you for being God.

The Secret is Revealed.  Those who love and follow Christ will be forevermore transformed.

< 3 >








No comments:

Post a Comment