Thursday, August 9, 2012

Must be Faithful

August 09, 2012   **Thursday. Starbucks. 12:02pm**

1 Corinthians 4:2

Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful.

Paul's letter to the Corinthian church is very bold in every aspect.  This ancient city of Greece was very prosperous and was well known for it's worship of the Greek goddess: Aphrodite.  Here in the beginning verses of chapter 4, Paul explains to the Christian Corinthian church that he and Apollos are "mere servants of Christ who have been put in charge of explaining God's mysteries."  In Luke 16:1-12, the story unfolds of the shrewd manager who blew away his boss's money.  Christians are put on a higher pedestal and are judged more because of what we believe in.  Whenever Christians or those who proclaim the faith, they are extremely examined and closely watched.

Someone once told me, "you are the only version of the bible someone will read".  That really changed my view of being a Christian.  I sometimes have a hard time claiming my Christianity.  I have a hard time because of those ahead of me who gave Christianity a bad name.  Those who are on the pulpit or in church, who are either hypocritical or sin to the point where there is no repentance.  I fell away from the church at 18, for this very reason.  As I strive to become a leader in the church, I strive for being above reproach and making sure that my character and heart is always in check.  Verse 3 and 4 says, "As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority.  I don't even trust my own judgement on this point.  My conscience is clear, but that doesn't prove I'm right.  It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide."

Lord, keep me in check.  Keep me in line with your word, your truth, your ways.  I know I'm not afraid of what others say but I want to be held above reproach to those who see me.  Since being a Christian means to be like Christ; when others see me, I only want them to see you.  I give you permission to take out the whip if necessary...help me to "scrub my heart" daily.

As any manager or follower of Christ, One Must BE FAITHFUL.

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment