Saturday, August 11, 2012

Off to a {very} Late Start

August 11, 2012  **Saturday. Starbucks. 2:58pm**

1 Corinthians 7:20-23

Yes, each of you should remain as you were when God called you.  Are you a slave?  Don't let that worry you--but you get a chance to be free, take it.  And remember, if you were a slave when the Lord called you, you are now a slave of Christ.  God paid a high price for you, so don't e enslaved by the world.

Dictionary.com had two definitions of a slave:


"(1) a person who is the property of and wholly subject to another; a bond servant. (2) a person entirely under the domination of the some influence or person: a slave to a drug.  

If you were to apply this definition to the verse above, when asked, "are you a slave?" a person who is fits the definition should not worry but take any chances to be free.  Jesus died for our freedom on the cross.  We are no longer property of and neither are we subject to another.  

To me, a bond servant was one who serve his or her master with out being paid but in back in the bible days, they had a time frame to when they could be free men/women.  I don't remember what the details were but It was like a time where you could work your way out of bondage.  Correct me if I'm wrong but to me, I consider myself more of a bond servant to Christ since He paid for my freedom.  Event tho I'm a free woman, I take these words to me to serve Christ as such.  I know I may not be explaining it correctly, it is because i have not really processed it in a way that I can fully explain it.  The statement that I do make at this point is that "I am a bond servant to Christ."  

Lord, I know that these words can not fully explain what I actually mean or feel.  I don't even know if it seems like I'm the one making the sacrifice to serve you, sometimes I always think that people may look at my service/me being helpful/me being nice as something that I just do...but I GET TO DO IT.  You don't need me, you ALLOW me to be a part of the work that you are doing in and through my life.  The freedoms that I receive living in Hawaii, in America, to have the freedoms, the ability, the capacity to do all that I've done, want to do, and what you will bring in my life is something that I DO NOT want to take ADVANTAGE OF.  Help me in keeping me grounded.  To not take advantage of being here.  i <3 font="font" nbsp="nbsp" you.="you.">

Today I'm Off to a very late start but as I have the freedom in Christ, I am not a slave, but a bond servant for Christ.  

< 3

No comments:

Post a Comment