Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can Handle

August 14, 2012 **Tuesday. Starbucks. 12:59pm**

1 Corinthians 10:13

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God s faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

In the beginning of chapter 10, Paul teaches the Corinthian church about Israel's idolatry away from God.  The beauty of this verse is that Paul reassures the church about God's faithfulness.  He continues in verse 14, encouraging them to flee from worshiping other gods or things.

Earlier today, as I had coffee with my best friend; she reminded me of what I told her when we were 17.  We were discussing life in general and she said, "yeah, like you told me long ago-'God will not give us anything we can't handle' and this held true ever since then."  I'm amazed that she actually listens to me and something I said to her over a decade ago is something she holds dear to her heart!  I had a chance to point her back to this scripture and I love how God's word is so sharp that it cuts to straight to the heart!

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness.  Thank you for my best friend.  Thank you for Starbucks and coffee and hanging out.  You are awesome.  Thank you for not allowing us to go through things that we can't handle.  Thank you for pushing us in ways where you know we can handle, but thank you most of all, that in the dark times; when we think we can't handle things, Thank you for the knowledge that you are still there with us!  I love you so much, more everyday!

I can handle things because you said in your word that I can!

< 3 >

No comments:

Post a Comment