Thursday, August 2, 2012

Who art thou, woman?

August 02, 2012   **Thursday. Starbucks. 9:03a**

Romans 16:1-2

I commend to you our sister Phoebe, who is a deacon in the church in Cenchrea.  Welcome her in the Lord as one who is worthy of honor among God's people.  Help her in whatever she needs, for she has been helpful to many, and especially to me.

Chapter 16 is a shout out to Paul's dear friends who have helped him out throught his time.  Back in these bible days, women were rated as less than second class citizens.  It was only fairly recently when Woman's Rights were established that women were treated somewhat fairly.  There are some instances where some women in many places of this world where this unequality still happens to this day.

An important aspect that I see in this scripture is that Phoebe, no not my sister-in-law, but this Phoebe was a deacon of the church.  I see her as my Auntie Pina at my family's church.  My auntie Pina has established herself as a very strong Christian woman.  She has helped so many people, she runs a food bank out of her house, and the mother of two outstanding grown sons who are very dependable at the church.  As a grandma, she teaches her two grandkids to love the Lord and to be good kids.  I hope to see myself in likeness of her--an example of what a true servant to Christ looks like.

Lord, you have placed auntie Pina in my life for so many reasons but I love this reason the most: because you love the both of us.  In the Message it says, "His love was not cautious but extravagant.  he didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everthing of himself to us.  Love like that." Ephesians 5:1-2.  You are very intentional with us and I hope to be intentional too.

Who art thou, woman?  You are a woman loved by the very God who CREATED and LOVES you!

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">





No comments:

Post a Comment