Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beauty Treatments

August 18, 2012  **Saturday. Starbucks. 10:08am**

Esther 2:12

Before each young woman was taken to the kin's bed, she was given the prescribed twelve months of beauty treatments--six months with oil of myrrh, followed by six months with special perfumes and ointments.

Esther was a Jew by birth and chosen by the king after Queen Vashti refused him.  These beauty treatments that she went through were very extensive.  Twelve months of spas, manicures, pedicures, make up, the works can be very special but rigorous.  Esther was special enough and blessed to have become chosen to be a representative of the Jewish people for such a time as this!

To have the chance to spend a year with beauticians would be heaven for me!  I can imagine just the things that I would be immersed in.  So cool!  This verse spoke to me because the women who when through these treatments were virgins and hand picked by the king--so no ordinary girl would imagine going through this regimental treatment.  In the year she spent beautifying herself, I would like to think that this time is my time of preparation for my future husband.  There may not be twelve months of oil or myrrh but in purity, holiness, and righteousness; I can be like these virgins waiting for the king.

Lord, as I seek purity in mind, spirit, and body; I pray that I can focus on at least twelve months of beauty treatments with you.  Show me what that looks like, how it feels and means to be immersed in oil and myrrh.  I want to wait and spend time with you, as you prepare my future husband.  But Lord, selfishly, right now I don't want to be in the shadow of any man.  I want your light to shine through me, and pridefully I want to be the face that represents you that others see.  Thank you for being that beautiful savior who I love so dearly.

The beauty treatments I seek after is you.

< 3

No comments:

Post a Comment