Friday, July 20, 2012

What would you ask from God?

July 20, 2012    {Aloha Friday. 7:20 am. Sbux.}

2 Chronicles 1:11-12

God said to Solomon, "Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people--I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested. But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future!"

It was God who started this converstion, He loved Solomon so much that one night (vs 7) he asked Solomon what he wanted. Imagine God, who is God, who has everything, who could do all, were to ask you "What do you want?" My mind begins to fill with my every want and desires. But Solomon, the humble guy that he is, only asks for wisdom and knowledge to lead the people. What a humble heart! He knows that he is in a place to rule over God's people and out of everything that he could desire, he simply requests for the right mind to lead others. By applying this humble heart of Solomon to ask not for riches or fame, I can ask for the same. The mind to know how to connect with God's beloved, the heart that breaks for what His heart breaks for, the hands and feet to do something about it. It's not the riches or glory that I should ask for, because, in the end God gives it to Solomon anyway; but it's the clean heart to love God and to love others. 

Lord, give me a humble heart. Teach me wisdom and give me knowledge to walk alongside of you, to give me the eyes to see your broken hearted, ears to hear the pain of your loved ones, hands and feet to serve others as you would. Give me the desires of your heart, not mine.

 What would I ask from God? It would be to have a humble heart.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment