Sunday, July 22, 2012

Be faithful

July 22, 2012   **Sunday. 8:03am. Starbucks**

2 Chronicles 7:17-18

As for you, if you faithfully follow me as David your father did, obeying all my commands, decrees, and regulations, then I will establish the throne of your dynasty.  For I made this covenant with your father, David, when I said, 'One of your descendants will always rule over Israel.'

Solomon had just finished building the Temple of the Lord and the royal palace.  During these verses, the Lord had appeared to Solomon and He told him that he was listening to him, that He, the Lord has heard his prayers.  Verse 14 is somewhat quite often used "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."  This is the main theme off the bible, to be reconciled with the Lord. Because of the original sin of Adam and Eve, we have become forever separated from Him.  The scripture states, "As for you, if you faithfully follow me..."  In this verse, it specifically asks for FAITHFULNESS.  Not what you can do, what you can say, or how awesome you are; but the Lord just wants us to be faithful to Him.

Being faithful can sometimes be a daunting task.  There are so many things, people, and ourselves that take away that faithfulness.  We cheat God so many times with so many idols in our lives.  In the bible days, they had the idols made of wood, gold, and statutes of different kinds of animals or gods.  These days we have other idols: tech-y ones-made of apple, toys that distract our minds, and people we love who takes our heart away from Him.  I am very guilty of these idols.  As I sit here, I have my iPad2, my laptop, my Starbucks mug, my Skullcandy in my ears, and I'm thinking about a relationship that has captured my heart.  Sometimes I think that back in those bible days, they had it easy...they worked HARD but they had less of the distractions as we have now.  But then again, I always think that the grass is always greener on the other side.  This is one thing that I consistently have to apply in my life: to be faithful.

Lord, help me to be faithful to only you.  This life distracts me so much that it's hard to even pay attention and keep my eyes on you.  You are the one that matters, not the tech-y stuff, not the toys, or even the relationships of the heart.  You are my everything, please help me to desire you, to want you, and to take the time off to "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." Psalms 46:10.

I will be faithful to you alone.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment