Saturday, July 21, 2012

Struggling with the flesh

July 21, 2012        **Saturday. Starbucks. 4:09p**

Romans 7:14-15

So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. I don't realy understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate. In this time of my life, I constanly struggle with the flesh. As Paul wrote in these verses that he totally understands and knows what the laws are but it is the struggle with the flesh that he is a slave to. Struggling with the flesh is somewhat uncomprehendable because I know what I should or shouldn't do, what is right and what is wrong, but the flesh makes us do it anyway.

Yesterday was the biggest example of my struggle with the flesh. I was in predicament where I had to choose right vs. wrong. I choose wrong because it was what I was used to, what my fleshly body knew. As I allowed my flesh to go down the wrong path, I struggled with knowing what was right and what I knew in my heart that what I was doing was wrong. I literally cried out to God to help me and He did come through. I'm not going to say that I was saved from this predicament that God carried me out of the dark path I was on, but He did allow me to see the light. That light that shines to let me know that there is a way out. I just have to follow the light and put my feet to the pavement. Applying this very truth that there will always be a constant struggle with the flesh allows me to be very wary of the paths and choices that I do make. I need to become aware of those boundary items, those rocks that trip me up, and especially those who walk alongside of me and sometimes place their foot under mine so they can watch me fall. I need to learn how to jump EVERY time I fall to my knees. 


Lord, I struggle with the flesh not only daily, but every moment I am not in step with you. Teach me to walk in your ways, to desire your path of righteousness, and have a heart to take the discipline you give me when I stray. Psalms 119:124-125 says, "I am your servant; deal with me in your unfailing love, and teach me your decrees. Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws." 


 Struggling with the flesh is a constant battle, but I have a God that has eliminated the condemnation because I belong to Him! (Romans 8:1-2 NLT) 


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment