Saturday, September 1, 2012

See Forever

August 31, 2012  **Friday. Starbucks-Mililani. 10:18pm**

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Many people tend to look at their current troubles or issues as long term.  Some may not have hope that it will ever pass, so they become doubtful and lose faith.  Paul and his co-workers of the faith contiunued and pressed on in their journey to proclaim the faith for the very reason that others will not doubt or lose faith.  They knew that God's glory to shine through is the most important, the most vital for the life of those around him.  When people become grateful and appreciate what God has done for them, it is at that moment that God really appears.  This is what I call the "awe factor".

The "awe factor" is something I personally pray for.  It's that moment when I'm in doubt of things and the times I may lose faith; this moment of "awe-ness" that I long for.  I was just talking to a classmate as I had a chance to give him a ride to the dorms about this very thing.  Times when we go through struggles and rough patches of our lives that we become hesitant, doubtful, and sad.  He told me that it comes with a mature character to know that things are going to be okay, to not run away.

Lord, let your glory always and constantly shine so brightly.  Remind me that our present problems will not last long but to endure in what we are going through.  It is in the preserverance that will produce the character that you want in us and for us.  Thank you for your unfailing love.  I love you.

Some times I can't see past my problems but with you, Oh Lord, you show me how to see forever.

< 3 >

No comments:

Post a Comment