Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Words of the Wise

September 4, 2012  **Tuesday. Starbucks. 10:08am**

Proverbs 22:17-19

Listen to the words of the wise; apply your heart to my instruction.  For it is good to keep these saying in your heart and always ready on your lips. I am teaching you today -- yes, you -- so you will trust the Lord.

Solomon was a very wise man.  The fact that he asked for wisdom over anything else was very wise.  The book of Proverbs has a bunch of wise words.  This book is for the wise, many useful advice that we should follow, some are common sense but others are very convicting.  God was about loving him and loving others.  Proverbs is a book filled with words of advice on how to do these very things, especially how to love others, to be kind, and treat others with respect.  Pastor Wayne talks about how many of the people in the bible are "Divine Mentors".  These people were written about to teach us ways of life, to teach us about how they lived, and what to do and what not to do.  This weekend at Camp Agape, Gabe did a spoken word and I love how said that the people of the bible were homeless men and women who teaches us the ways of the world.  His spoken word was very powerful--straight from the heart.

As I go to school and learn from my professors, I want to not only listen to the words but to APPLY these to my heart and life.  Pastor Mike Ward says that this is the most important thing of learning about God.  To Apply the facts and use it towards giving God glory.  To make him famous and let his light shine through us.

Lord, help me to hear your words, listen to the wise, and apply them to my heart and life.  I pray that this prayer is not in vain but that I will truly be transformed into the person that you want me to be but at the same time, be the same person -- one who is passionate about your people, one who seeks your ways, the one who will not neglect or be rude to those who I can be irritated at.  Teach me to "scrub my heart" daily, teach me to pray, and teach me to love.

The words of the wise is priceless.  It's the cost of listening to those wise words that I will value.

< 3 >

No comments:

Post a Comment