Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Saints Day

1 Samuel 5:1-5 NLT

"After the Philistines captured the Ark ofGod, they took it from the battleground at Ebenezer to the town of Ashdod.  They carried the Ark of God into the temple of Dagon and placed it beside an idol of Dagon.  But when the citizens of Ashdod went to see it the next morning, Dagon had fallen with his face to the ground in front of the ark of the Lord! So they took Dagon and put him in his place again.  But the next morning the same thing happened--Dagon had fallen face down before the Ark of the Lord again.  This time his head and hands had broken off and were lying in the doorway. Only the trunk of his body was left intact.  That is why to this day neither the priests of Dagon nor anyone who enters the temple of Dagon in Ashdod will step on its threshold."

I don't know about you, but this story cracks me up!!!  I read this story yesterday, and November 1st is All Saints Day.  To me, it's a day that I remember those who have passed on; and I get to remember the legacy they left behind.  But reading this--it really doesn't relate to the "price of tea in china" {has nothing to do with anything} --was very funny because it's like God saying "Don't mess with Texas" ... Don't mess with me.  There is no one like our God.  I was straight out thinking Paranormal Activity.  Can you imagine walking into a temple and seeing Dagon {a Philistine god of fertility} on the the ground?  I can just imagine that this is a huge carven image, a large statue, one that may be immobile. Seeing this idol on the floor basically bowing down to Our God, must of been a trip!  And to top it off, it happens the next day but this time his head and hands are broken off!  Dude, talk about Paranormal Activity!!!  I don't blame these Philistines who are too dang scared to even go into the temple!  LOL!!! 

So I was cracking up, God, you're pretty cool like that. ;p

I hope you get to crack up as much as I did...Here's looking at you, kid!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment