Thursday, December 12, 2013

Greetings, Favored Woman



November 12, 2013  **Thursday.  NHCC Library. 8:53 am**

Luke 1:28-31

"Gabriel appeared to her (Mary) and said, 'Greetings, favored woman!  The Lord is with you!"  Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean.  'Don't be afraid, Mary," the angel told her, "for you have found favor with God! You will conceive and give birth o a son, and you will name him Jesus."

It's Christmas time again; the opportunity to celebrate the birth of Jesus!  Christmas has been changed from a day of celebration, to a materialistic holiday.  Many has forgotten the purpose of Christmas and many people is more excited about Black Friday sales more than the real reason for the season.  In this passage,  Mary is approached from Gabriel with good news of Jesus' birth.  She was afraid, confused, and disturbed but did not stop believing the truth of what was about to happen to her and Joseph.

I know this year, I have been thinking more about buying presents than the purpose of the season.  I am guilty of being materialistic as I go shopping at the nearest mall.  I need and want to remember that Jesus is the reason.

Heavenly Father,
I'm sorry that I have been more focused on presents than the birth of your son.  Please forgive me and point out anything that is not of you, and fill me with the goodness of you.  I pray that I will remember your son and all that He sacrificed for us.  You are an amazing God and created the best plan for us all.  I love you.... In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

Greetings, favored woman!  The Lord is with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment